Questions/Outline for your paper
Length: 6-7 pages. Use a minimum of four to five sources. Include text citations and
Biography Questions: (This portion should be 2-3 pages long, please do not discuss pieces here)
1. When and when was he born?
2. Who were his parents and what did they do for a living?
3. How many siblings did he have, were they musical?
4. Who were his teachers and musical influences?
5. What was his religion?
6. Did religion influence his music?
7. Where did he go to school?
8. Where did he work and for whom?
9. Was he married and to whom?
10. Did he and his wife have children?
11. Did her children study music and with whom did they study music?
12. Did he have psychological disorders or illnesses?
13. If so, how were they treated?
14. What were some interesting things about his life or events that happened in his life that are
15. Where and when did he die and how?
16. Where is he buried?
17. Who did he influence or who were some of his most famous pupils?
Music Period, Genres, and Characteristics of his Style: (1-2 pages, please use your book upon which I
base my lectures for this portion of the paper)
In which period did he live including dates from the period? (Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque,
What was the historical context of this period (write one paragraph on this)
What were the musical characteristics of this period. (write one paragraph on these
characteristics) (see the pictures attached please for reference)
What types of genres did he compose (provide a list) For example, Beethoven composed 9
Symphonies, 1 Opera, 1 Mass, 32 Piano Sonatas, 5 Piano Concertos and 1 violin concerto.
Your Own Analysis (1-2 pages, please do not use 1st person)
Choose one or two pieces by your composer which you like. (choose one of these: Don Giovanni,
Symphony No. 40, Piano Concerto No. 23)
Define the Genre of the piece you chose.
Describe the pieces including instrumentation, number of movements, form of each movement
discussing one movement at a time.
Give some of your own thoughts but do not use the 1st person. (For example, you could say:
“The piece has lively rhythms.” Rather than saying: “I like the lively rhythms of this piece.”).
Please write a concluding paragraph.
Please use 4-5 Sources and cite them in your paper. Also, include a bibliography.
Purchase answer to see full