Week 10 Journal Entry
Reflect on your overall practicum experience in Psychotherapy with Individuals. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
PLEASE Addressed each of the bullets with a subtopic
- Explain whether your therapeutic theory has changed as a result of your practicum experiences. Recall the theories you selected in Week 1.(Below)
- Explain how you integrated the therapeutic approaches (of psychotherapy with individuals) in your clinical practice. Include how this helped you achieve the goals and objectives you developed in Week 1.(Below)
- Explain how you might impact social change through your work with clients who have mental health issues.
- Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
References/Resources. Please you can find your own references from 2014-2018
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Chapter 18, “Psychotherapy With Older Adults” (pp. 625–660)
- Chapter 20, “Termination and Outcome Evaluation” (pp. 693–712)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders(5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
McGuire, J. (2009). Ethical considerations when working with older adults in psychology. Ethics & Behavior, 19(2), 112–128. doi:10.1080/10508420902772702
Swift, J. K., & Greenberg, R. P. (2015). What is premature termination, and why does it occur? In Premature termination in psychotherapy: Strategies for engaging clients and improving outcomes (pp. 11–31). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. doi:10.1037/14469-002
SUPPORTING RESOURCE: Below is my paper I submitted in week 1. Please do not copy and paste as plagiarism of even my own paper will earn me 0%