Access over 20 million homework & study documents

Community S Source Of Energy.edited

Content type
User Generated
Subject
Environmental Science
Type
Homework
Rating
Showing Page:
1/12

Sign up to view the full document!

lock_open Sign Up
Showing Page:
2/12

Sign up to view the full document!

lock_open Sign Up
Showing Page:
3/12

Sign up to view the full document!

lock_open Sign Up
End of Preview - Want to read all 12 pages?
Access Now
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Running head: SOURCES OF ENERGY Sources of Energy in Red Lake County, Minnesota Student’s Name Institutional Affiliation 1 SOURCES OF ENERGY 2 Sources of Energy in Red Lake County, Minnesota Sources of energy entail the materials used to provide power essential for lighting, heating as well as driving the machinery, classified as either renewable or non-renewable. Twidell and Weir define renewable energy is a form of energy that is non-depleted on use, for instance, sun, wind, and water energy. On the other hand, non-renewable energies are exhaustible energy from materials that depletes on use, for instance, fossil fuels, coal among others (2015). Red Lake County is located in the state of Minnesota. According to the United States Census Bureau (2017), the estimated population as of 1st July 2017 was 4030 people and the total housing units were 1936. Three Primary Types of Energy Powering Homes in the Red Lake County According to the data provided by the Red Lake Electric Cooperative Inc. monthly publication (Volts & Jolts, 2018), approximately 55% of Red Lake County’s power capacity is from coal, whereas 34% is obtained from wind energy. If hydropower (8%) is included in the energy source list, the total renewable energy percentage comes to about 42%. Coal Energy Coal is used to fire the electric generator plants such as the Milton R. Young Station and the Coyote Station. The Milton R. Young Station has two substations namely, Young 1 and 2 substations, which have ...
Purchase document to see full attachment
User generated content is uploaded by users for the purposes of learning and should be used following Studypool's honor code & terms of service.

Anonymous
Awesome! Perfect study aid.

Studypool
4.7
Indeed
4.5
Sitejabber
4.4