Cause of Illness in Humans
The production of plastic bags releases toxic chemicals. These are the main cause
of serious illness. The polluted environment is a major reason for various diseases
which are spreading easily in human beings.
Waste plastic bags are the main reason for trapping the drains and sewers,
especially during rains. This can result in a flood-like situation and disrupt the
normal life of people.
Reasons to Ban Plastic Bags
There are numerous reasons why the government of various countries has come
up with strict measures to limit the use of plastic bags. Some of these include:
• Waste plastic bags are polluting the land and water immensely.
• Plastic bags have become a threat to the life of animals living on earth as well as in
• Chemicals released by waste plastic bags enter the soil and make it infertile.
• Plastic bags are having a negative impact on human health.
• Plastic bags lead to the drainage problem.
Public Support for Plastic Bag Ban
Although the Indian government has imposed a ban on the usage of plastic bags
in many states. But people are still carrying these bags. Shopkeepers stop
providing plastic bags for few days only in the beginning.
It is time when we all must contribute our bit to make this ban a success. Thus we
the educated lot of society must take it as our responsibility to stop using plastic
bags. In this way, we can support the government in this campaign.