answer each of the questions below using information gathered from your readings, lectures, and outside research. you should provide at least a paragraph response for each of the questions.
- compare and contrast the functions of each tissue type. why do some areas of our body have stratified squamous epithelium and other areas have simple squamous epithelium?
- our body contains four different membranes (physical barriers), each with a specific function. understanding their different roles and functions, please describe what you think would happen to the body if each was damaged?
- tattoos are fairly common among individuals. with your knowledge of the integument; please explain why tattoos are permanent? how are henna tattoos different from "traditional" tattoos?
- there are three different types of skin cancer. compare and contrast each type using the following criteria: cell affected, prevalence (how common), and most deadly.
- the integument system also includes accessory glands that play an important role in the overall system function. define the role that the hypodermis, hair, sebaceous glands, sweat glands, and nails play within the overall function of integument system. lastly, what are the nails and hair composed of?
make sure you provide citations and references for your answers