Please do this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!
1. What is the difference between congenital and developmental cataracts? Removing which kind results in better acuity development?
2. What is the procedure used to measure acuity in preverbal infants? What are the stimuli that are used? What response by the infant indicates pattern detection?
3. What is a sensitive period? Compare the sensitive period vs. Maturational periodsn for acuity vs global motion perception.
4. What is the evidence from human infant cataract studies that early stimulation is
necessary for ventral stream visual development?
5. What is the evidence from human infant cataract studies that early stimulation is
necessary for dorsal stream visual development?
1. What brain system is present in mammals but not other vertebrate species? What type
of behavior does this system permit?
2. What is the innate behavior observed in avian imprinting? What trigger feature must
be present in a stimulus to elicit this behavior? What is the evidence that it
occurs during a critical period?
to attachment theory, what are the two innate social behaviors that human
infants display? At what ages are they first displayed? What responses do they
typically elicit from caretakers?
4. What is the experimental evidence that food is not responsible for infant-caretaker
attachment in primates?
5. What is the defining feature of ethological data? Compared to data gathered in the
laboratory, what is one advantage and one disadvantage of such data?
Fill in the blanks with the letter of the most appropriate answer from the list
Prenatal 1( ) experience may contribute to postnatal attachment in human babies as shown by the 2( ) experiment. Newborns indicated their preferences in this study by altering their rate of 3 ( ) to control the stimuli. Prenatal 4 ( ) experience may also contribute to postnatal attachment in infant rate. Their First 5 ( ) response is guided by cues from 6 ( ). During the first postnatal week, rate pups acquire preferences for familiar odors paired with 7( ) stimuli. However, by the end of the second postnatal week, they show preferences for odors paired with 8 ( ) stimuli. This change may reflect maturation of the 9( ) system which stimulates early 10 ( ) learning.
b. Amniotic fluid
h. Positive but not aversive
i. Positive and aversive