Thesis and Outline Needed!! Please read directions clearly below:
After the Civil War and by the mid-20th
century, the United States had become the dominant force in international
relations. Some have argued that the United States’ military functions as the
world’s “police.” This assignment covers the manner in which this shift occurred
and the consequences the United States faces as a result of its status as
“policemen of the world.” Using the Internet, research two (2) real-life
international incidents from the past five (5) years in which:
- The U.S. used military action
- Controversy existed within the American
public regarding U.S. involvement.
- Controversy existed within the country or
countries affected by U.S. involvement.
For the first part of this assignment you
will create a thesis statement. A thesis statement is usually a single sentence
somewhere in your first paragraph that presents your main idea to the reader.
The body of the essay organizes the material you gather and present in support
of your main idea. Keep in mind that a thesis is an interpretation of a question
or subject, not the subject itself. (Note: Students please consult Stanford
University’s Website with tips on how to construct a proper thesis, the webpage
can be found at: http://www.stanford.edu/~steener/handouts/thesis.htm
For the next part of this assignment you will create an outline of the main
points you want to address in this paper. This will serve as the basis for your
Assignment 2.2 Final Draft. (Note: Please use the Purdue Owl Website to assist
you with this assignment; this website can be accessed at: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/engagement/2/2/55/
1. Write a thesis statement that is one to two (1-2) sentences long
in which you:
- State your opinion on the significance of the two (2) real-life
international incidents that you have researched. Justify your
Write a one to two (1-2) page outline in which you:
Determine two to three (2-3) international events from the past five years
that can be traced back to a foreign policy created after the Civil War.
- List three(3) aspects of US history since 1865 that has led to the US’s rise
as a world super power policeman.
- List three to five (3-5) international incidents since World War II where
America has taken on a policing role.
- List three to five (3-5) driving forces that fueled international policy
decisions involving the international incidents you outlined previously.
(Consider treaties, exit strategies, elections, wars, etc.)
- Use at least three (3) quality references