Assignment 2: Challenges in the Global Business
According to the textbook, ongoing challenges in the global business
environment are mostly attributed to unethical business practices, failure to
embrace technology advancements, and stiff competition among businesses. Use the
Internet to research the code of ethical conduct of one (1) of the following
- Hershey Company
Next, use the Internet to research the code of ethical conduct of two (2)
similar companies in the same industry as the company you have chosen.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Specify, in brief, the nature, structure, types of products or service of
the business you selected. Examine the information within the company’s code of
ethical conduct, and choose three (3) key issues from within the document that
you believe are critical for success. Provide a rationale for the response.
- Using the three (3) key issues you selected as a benchmark, compare and
contrast the codes of conduct of two (2) similar companies within the same
industry as your chosen company.
- Examine the extent to which the two (2) similar companies you researched
have addressed the key issues you selected. Hypothesize two (2) potential
positive outcomes for each company if each addresses the key issues in question
and two (2) potential adverse effects if each company fails to address these
- Propose two (2) techniques that the original company you selected could use
in order to ensure that its code of conduct will remain relevant through years
of changing economic, political, social, cultural, and technological forces on
business and society. Next, evaluate the effectiveness of two (2) methods that
the company currently adopts in order to manage environment issues.
- Examine two (2) approaches that the original company you selected has taken
in order to embrace technological advancements for innovation and thus improve
business offerings. Anticipate three (3) potential technological challenges the
company could face, and recommend one (1) strategy that the company could use in
order to eliminate or minimize each of these anticipated challenges.
- Specify at least one (1) one lobbying strategy that the original company you
selected has used in an effort to influence national or local government
decisions in its favor. Summarize the issue in question, and ascertain whether
or not the lobbying effort was appropriate. Justify the response.
- Analyze two (2) global corporate citizenship efforts of the original company
you selected, and assess the extent to which these efforts are effective in
accomplishing the company’s goals. Examine the manner in which the two (2)
global citizenship efforts could contribute significantly to the company’s
sustainable development goals.
- Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia
and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Evaluate the influences of changing economic, political, social, cultural,
and technological forces on business and society.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing