For your assignment this week, you will detail key aspects of
development and discuss the role of nature and nurture in development. Then, address the following:
- Summarize your childhood and family. Include the following information:
- Where were you born (e.g., state, country, or geographical region)? ( Kansas City MO.)
- Do you have siblings? ( 2 Siblings, )
- Where do you fall in the birth order of your family?( Middle of three sons)
- Where did you grow up? Moved around a lot
- How did your understanding of self and gender begin to develop?
- What role did gender stereotypes play? What types of
toys were you encouraged to play with? What activities were you
encouraged to do?
- What was your adolescence like? Was it a time of storm and stress, or was it a smooth transition?
- Detail the nature versus nurture controversy from the scientific evidence. Address the following:
- Define nature and nurture.
- Describe which (either nature or nurture) you feel had a greater impact on your development.
- How did nature and nurture work together to influence who you are today in terms of personality, sexuality, and gender?
Your paper must be two to three pages in length (excluding title and
reference pages). Support your thoughts using a minimum of three
references from scholarly sources. Examples of scholarly sources
include: peer reviewed journal articles, research studies, professional
websites with authored material, and government websites. Popular
internet sites (Wikipedia, Newsweek, New York Times, etc.) are not
considered scholarly sources. Your paper and sources must be formatted
according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.