This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a test plan and a PowerPoint presentation. You must submit the two (2) sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for.
Section 1: Test Plan
In the previous assignments, you were tasked to develop a Web-based student registration system. Senior management was pleased with your proposal and gave you the green light to start with the project. You have determined the system requirements and your team is now in the middle of developing the final product. To ensure that the software is written according to the requirement specification, you are now focusing on the testing plan for this project.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Describe three (3) types of tests that will be needed to test this software system.
- Describe the strategy you would use for each type of test.
- Outline the test cases in a test plan for each type of test.
Section 1 of this assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Section 2: PowerPoint Presentation
You have also been asked to develop a presentation to be shown at the next software development team meeting to explain why you have chosen to implement the specific strategy outlined in your test plan.
Prepare a seven to ten (7-10) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Summarize the main points in the test plan.
- Create bulleted speaking notes for the presentation to the executive board in the Notes section of the PowerPoint. Note: You may create or assume any fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established in this assignment for a realistic flow of communication.
- Use a professional technically written style to graphically convey the information.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast testing techniques and concepts to include functional, performance, acceptance, and installation.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in software engineering.