Case Study #1, you would explore the topic of severe depression from the clinical psychology perspective.
Research the chosen topic using scholarly resources and craft a thesis statement regarding your selected topic. Your paper must contain at least six references from scholarly sources that are cited according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Examples of scholarly sources include peer reviewed journal articles, research studies, professional websites with authored material, and government websites. Popular Internet sites (Wikipedia, Newsweek, New York Times, etc.) are not considered scholarly sources.
In a well-developed eight- to ten-page paper address the following criteria for the case study
- Define applied behavioral science and the area of psychology from which the case study is explored.
- Identify and describe the potential source(s) and/or cause(s) of the issue that is/are relevant to the selected case study (e.g., genetic, environmental, social, cultural, organizational).
- Examine the case study by applying one psychological theory of your choice.
- Describe scientific research that is relevant to your selected case study. Include past and current findings and note any key changes.
- Identify and describe any relevant trends in working with your intended population.
- Detail a suggested plan of action for moving forward including advantages and disadvantages.
- Specify what you would do to build rapport with the clients in the selected case study.
- State ethical considerations that are relevant to this case.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis and summarizes supporting evidence.
- Must use at least six scholarly sources
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style