Assignment Preparation: Activities include completing the Skillsoft® courses, independent student reading, and research.
Complete the "Aligning IT and Business Strategies" topic of the lesson "Business and IT Strategy Alignment" of the Skillsoft® course "IT Strategy Essentials: Business and IT Strategy Alignment."
Systems Maintenance and Development Tools" topic of the lesson "Audits,
Development, Acquisition, and Maintenance" of the Skillsoft® course "CISA Domain: IS Acquisition, Development and Implementation - Part 3."
Community Hospital Networking Virtual Organization, or, an organization
you are familiar with that you can research to discover the cabling,
network equipment and structure
Create a 3-year organizational systems management plan incorporating current trends and security concerns.
Include the following:
- Strategic goals that the 3-year plan must support or align to
- An ability for the organization to upgrade its network transmission speed or bandwidth during the 3-year plan and beyond
- Replacement schedule for networking and computing devices
- Configuration management processes
- Network and application software upgrades and replacement
- Contingency planning when unforeseen future hardware, software, and
networking technology or processes that may be disruptive must be
procured for the organization to remain competitive
- Upgrades to network and application security, if appropriate, to
include any missing network devices that provide security over several
layers of the OSI model
- Upgrades to wireless technology if appropriate
- Upgrades or procurement of specific network components that will
enhance transmission speed, accuracy, or availability, based on an
analysis of the network
- Priority list of the items that must be procured or require funding
so that the budget execution authority can cost and plan for procurement