You have been asked to plan a week-long multicultural event at your school. This event should be culturally relevant for your demographics and include these points:
- Where is your school located? What are the cultural demographics of your school and community?
- Who will attend this event? (Students, parents, teachers, community at large)?
- Explain how you will use your parents, teachers and community as resources.
- How will you engage your ELL parents so they will participate in your event? Be specific and give at least five ideas.
- Describe the types of activities/speakers that will be available for parents throughout the week? What are your resources?
- What type of activities will be available for students throughout the week (art, music, food, performances)?
- Explain at least five curriculum ideas for teachers to use that reflect your demographics.
- Organize a list of at least five book titles teachers could use that reflect your demographics.
- Explain how you will keep the event culturally relevant and avoid token activities and representations. For an example, please refer to the article "Taco Night."
- What types of events could you establish that could last more than this week?
- What criteria will you use to determine if the event was a success?
Your final paper must be formatted using APA style. It will be 8-10 double spaced pages in length and include at least five references in addition to the text.