Security risk assessment is an invaluable tool in an IT professional’s quest to protect a company’s information assets. IT projects that do not go through a security risk assessment process have a greater potential of exposing a company’s information assets to corruption and loss.
Imagine that you are a security professional of a large company that has recently standardized its security risk-assessment process. Since the project members work from different offices and remote locations, they often have to transmit company confidential information to team members. The company uses cloud services for business applications. It is your responsibility to:
Uncover security administrative, technical, and physical vulnerabilities that exist within a new project.
Suggest possible mitigation strategies for the vulnerabilities identified.
Clearly articulate any vulnerability that is not mitigated to those with the authority to accept them.
Risk Management varies in each instance and event. Selecting the various options from home or work may help make or break your network.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the objectives and major elements of your risk management plan.
2. Identify the top five (5) risks involved within your solution. Prioritize the risks and provide your rationale.
3. Suggest strategies to prevent and mitigate the risks identified in criterion two (2).
4. Identify physical security methods and the role they play in a network security plan. Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of the physical security methods you identified.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.