Due: November 10, 2014 at 12 p.m. EST
Choose one (1) of the seven sources required for research paper #2 and write a one page single-spaced Analysis of the source. The scholarly source analysis should provide an analysis of the source’s main argument, the effectiveness of the argument, weaknesses in the source’s argument, and the source’s contribution to the overall discussion of the pressing social issue chosen for research paper #2.The scholarly source analysis will be a more detailed analysis than what you will create for the annotated bibliography assignment. Provide in-text citation for any quotations from the source that are incorporated into the scholarly source analysis. The completed assignment will consist of the one page analysis and a works cited page documenting the chosen source. Submit the final copy in the Desire2Learn “drop box” assignment portal. Late submission policies will be applied to assignments submitted after the established deadline.
Then this is the second part is due by Nov 7 pm EST........NEED NO LATER THAN THAT, IF YOU CAN NOT DO IT JUST LEST ME KNOW TODAY....THANKS
Proposing a Solution
Research Paper #2
Due: November 10 2014 - NO LATER THAN NOV 10 pm EST...PLS LET ME KNOW asap...THANKS
Write a 5 page double-spaced research paper on a pressing or controversial national issue focusing on a feasible solution for the issue. Choose a topic in which you can build on for the research paper #2 (use the same topic from research paper #1). Research conducted for research paper #1 has created a strong foundation for research paper #2. The “solution” research paper will require the use of seven (7) sources. All sources listed in the works cited page must be utilized in the research paper. Use credible scholarly sources that have established a sufficient discussion of the issue even if they do not agree with your point of view. Do not consult sources such as encyclopedias (encyclopedias only provide a brief overview of the topic) or Wikipedia (very unreliable source). Internet sources must be approved. Supporting material (sources) in the AMSC Library databases are perfectly fine. In-text citation and works cited entries must be structured in MLA format. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in an “F” grade. Turn in the final draft on the designated due date in the Desire2Learn assignment drop box. Late submission policies will be applied to research papers submitted late.
- Length 4-5 page double spaced research paper.
- Incorporate a minimum of seven sources (Other than the seven sources used in research paper #1).
- Incorporate MLA in-text citation.
- Use third person point of view to avoid presenting materials in a biased manner.
- Write an introduction that identifies the controversy surrounding the subject or issue. Contextualize the issue by providing background information or its historical significance. State your position in the introduction. The introduction should be at least 6-8 sentences.
- Address both sides of the issue. Avoid biased language by demonstrating your knowledge of both sides of the argument.
- Acknowledge weaknesses found in the opposing argument.
- Use the rhetorical appeals (ethos, logos and pathos) to persuade your audience to accept your position.
- Use strong supporting materials to support your viewpoints.
- Create a works cited page of the sources used in the research paper.