value chain.doc We want to give customers the ability to order grocery items from their homes with either in-store pick-up or mail delivery. While we would prefer to use local store inventory to fill in-store pick-up orders, we want to use the inclusive inventory of all of the stores to fill orders. Templates for the Internet home (index) page and secondary pages are provided, along with an Excel file relating to the store products and inventories are provided in the attached file. [Link to: Kudler Fine Foods internet and product materials]
Create a test B2C e-commerce site for management evaluation. The test site should have the following requirements:
- Add a link to the e-commerce site to the Kudler Internet site index page template.
- Create a catalog page with 10 items from the Kudler Fine Foods inventory. Use a placeholder image for any photos or thumbnails used in the catalog page. Use product names from the Kudler Fine Foods inventory, but you may use placeholder text for any product descriptions that you include in the catalog page.
- Create a product database for the e-commerce site. (You may use tools such as osCommerce®, nopCommerce® or Joomla® to interface between your web site and the database functionality you will build. You may find the links to download osCommerce®, nopCommerce® on your student web page. You may use the existing database on the Toolwire® Virtual Desktop or create a database of your choosing using Microsoft® SQL Server® or MySQL® software, a Microsoft® Access database, or other tools of your choosing.) The database should include:
- Product nameGL Code (product number)
- Retail price
- Sometimes prices for a certain item will vary between the three stores. In that event, use the lowest price shown regardless of which store’s inventory is used to fill the order.
- Number of items in inventory
- Tax status
- Shipping status
- Import information from the Kudler Fine Foods inventory into your database.
- Include forms and tables to capture customer information
- Telephone number
- Payment method information
- Customers should be able to order items from the catalog page.
- Customers should be able to view their order and make changes before submitting order.
- Tax should be calculated based upon the store where the order is to picked-up from or the order is to be shipped from. Note that tax rates vary by store.
- Del Mar – 7.25%
- Encinitas – 7.5%
- La Jolla – 7.75%
- Inventory amounts should be updated when an order is submitted.
- Use an API from the United States Postal Service to calculate shipping information for orders to be mailed. If an inventory item does not have a set weight, provide an estimate as to what you think the average weight of the item would be.