Ashford 6: - Week 5 - Final Paper
Prepare a paper that details the entire criminal justice process for a felony criminal charge filed in a state court. Your paper will:
- Summarize all of the steps between arrest, pre-trial, trial, and appeals (both state and federal appeal possibilities).
- Address contingencies for each stage of the proceedings and examine all possible outcomes.
- Outline the chronological timeline of the criminal justice process.
- Analyze how constitutional protections for the defendant work at each stage of the proceeding.
- Evaluate whether the system effectively deals with criminal prosecutions, or whether changes or improvements are required.
- Create suggestions to make the system more fair and ethical for all those involved.
The paper must be eight to ten pages in length and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly sources (at least two of which can be found in the Ashford Online Library) other than the textbook to support your claims. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page. For information regarding APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted