Assignment 2.1: Justification Report – Part 1
In Assignments 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3, you will be building up a formal,
researched justification report (one part at a time) that culminates in a
recommendation to implement a particular product, service, or program
in your place of employment. This recommended product, service, or
program should resolve a problem that you identify in your workplace and
should be directed to your employer (even if you do not actually plan
to share it with your employer).
Use the basic outline below to draft your paper. Organize your responses to each question under the following section headings:
- Problem Statement (for Question 1)
- Overview of Alternatives (for Question 2)
- Criteria (for Question 3)
- Methods (for Question 4)
Write a two (2) page, single-spaced report in which you:
- Describe in detail a problem at work, persuading and convincing the reader that it needs fixing.
- Provide a detailed description of two (2) possible solutions
(“alternatives”) that could be implemented to resolve the problem
identified in Question 1.
- Describe five (5) criteria that you will use to measure the worth of each alternative in Criterion 2. Note:
The alternative that satisfies the most criteria to the highest degree
will be the one you recommend later to your employer. Criteria are
standards that the audience values and are therefore used to measure the
worth of each alternative (common examples include cost, desirability,
durability, efficiency, time it will take to implement, and
- Describe in detail how you will conduct the research needed to determine the best recommended alternative to your employer.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
- Apply writing process strategies to develop formal business reports and / or proposals.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues related to selected topics.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.