Pleas note that this an two part assignment. 20 page paper and a power point!
The culminating assessment for the Synthesis of Educational Theory domain is a research paper that identifies a problem in education, clarifies relevant ways to address the concern, and explores different perspectives regarding the future of education.
Note: This assessment must be submitted and PASSED PRIOR to submission of the associated multimedia presentation, required in SDA1-SET 608.5.1-01, 02, 03.
Note: Although it is not required, you may use the attached “Help Document” to help you gather your thoughts and brainstorm ideas for this assessment.
A. Write a research paper 20 pages in which you do the following:
1. Provide an introduction in which you do the following:
a. Identify an open-ended problem you will address in the body of your essay.
b. Include a thesis/problem statement that addresses the open-ended problem identified in part A1a.
2. Explain your current thinking about the future of education in the United States.
3. Include a balanced view of the evidence for the future of education in the United States.
4. Analyze current issues regarding education in the United States, including five of the following influencing aspects:
• teachers and standards
• high-stakes assessments
• special education
• public policy
• diversity and inclusion
5. Present evidence for each of the influencing aspects chosen in part A3.
a. Include two different perspectives for each of the influencing aspects chosen in part A3.
b. Discuss the underlying assumptions and quality of information or evidence relevant to the different perspectives presented in part A4a.
6. Discuss connections between the influencing aspects chosen in part A3.
a. Discuss how the influencing aspects chosen in part A3 will influence education in the future.
7. Discuss the complexities of the open-ended problem identified in part A1a.
a. Explain the open-ended problem and its implications to the future of education.
8. Propose a solution to the open-ended problem identified in part A1a.
a. Justify your proposed solution from part A7.
b. Discuss potential criticisms of the solution you proposed in part A7.
9. Include a logical conclusion that summarizes the main points from the essay.
B. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Guide Tool For Paper SCA1 Course of Study 6-15-2008.pdf
Create a presentation, using software such as Microsoft PowerPoint (minimum of 5 slides) that summarizes the key points of the SCA1 research paper. General guidelines for creating an academic PowerPoint presentation are included in the attached Web site. Include the following in your slides:
1. Title that relates to the SCA1 research paper
2. Definition and description of the key findings from the research project
3. Supporting evidence of vision
4. Potential criticisms of vision
5. Conclusions supported by reliable research
6. At least one non-text visual that clarifies and enhances the presentation that supports or is related to the topic of the paper
B. Technical Aspects
1. Color continuity
2. Simple fonts
3. Information in bulleted statements of eight words or fewer
4. No periods, question marks, or exclamation points
5. No ALL CAPS
Guide Lines for Power Point BelowGeneral_Guidelines_for_Power_Point_Presentations.pdf