As a chief security officer (CSO)
for a large hospital, you are charged with securing medical health care
records. More recently, senior hospital administrators are seeking to provide a
complete online portal for all its doctors and patients. Based on
the recent changes brought about by the Affordable Care Act, you are seeking to
develop a scenario that affords a secure environment. Patients need to be able
to access test results and interact with their doctors that conform to HIPAA
regulations. Doctors need to share records, images
(X-rays), test results, and the like with other doctors
or medical facilities for consults.
Write a three to five (3-5) page
paper in which you:
- Describe the Web-based information technologies
(protocols, policies, tools) behind electronic health care medical
- Analyze the security requirements needed to protect the
Web-based medical records, especially the requirement to be able to share
them with other medical facilities for consults and emergency services.
- Identify the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements that affect the electronic health
care medical records, detailing the technical requirements.
- Include a Visio or Dia diagram that describes your
design. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in
the required page length.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this
assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font
(size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references
must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for
any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The
completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before
the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning
outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze common Website attacks, weaknesses, and
security best practices.
- Compare and contrast Web-based risks.
- Use technology and information resources to research
issues in securing Web-based applications.
- Write clearly and concisely about Web application
security topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style