Unformatted Attachment Preview
SOCIOLOGY 2306 - SOCIAL PROBLEMS
PART II: Understand the Problems answer all question.
Instructions: Describe and explain the following social problems
1. Describe the factors leading to inequality in a marriage (Conflict theory) and give the logical
alternative necessary to alleviate those inequalities.
2. Differentiate between Capitalism, Socialism and the Mixed Economy in terms of where work
originates, what is the purpose of work, and who controls the nature of work.
PART III: Face the Issues
question from 3 to 6
Answer 1 question from 1 to 2 , then answer 1
Instructions: Answer these thought questions with the intent of defending your answer .
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of cohabitation? How do these compare to
marriage? If marriage and family life is so bad, as the book contends, why should anyone ever
2. Is divorce a social problem? If so, why? If you were seeking a solution to the problem of divorce,
what possibilities are available?
3. What is the purpose of “work?” For whose benefit is it? Discuss from the perspective of
yourself, your employer and society as a whole.
4. How much is “work” worth? How do you determine how much you should be paid to do a job?
When an item is sold, how do you determine how much of the profit the worker should get?
Management? CEO? Corporate? Stock Holders?
5. If you were managing entry-level workers in a fast food restaurant, how would you go about
ensuring high job satisfaction in order to decrease turnover?
6. Assuming the wage gap exists because of discrimination and devaluating the work of women,
how would you go about making work equable?