If you do not have Microsoft Project do not bid on this assignment, it's a requirement.
For the main paper Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a written project plan, and a
Gantt chart that is created through the use of MS Project. You must submit the
two (2) sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label
each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for.
Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed
for the completion of this assignment.
Due to your extensive ability and knowledge of project management, you have
been promoted as a senior project manager for a national telecom organization.
For this role, you will be responsible in managing the launch of a new telecom
service that will attract new customers. This project will require:
- Updating cloud-based systems that interface with customers. This effort
requires programmers to update databases and Web interfaces that will include
new telecom service details.
- Performing billing configurations to financial information systems. This
effort includes modifying the back-end programs that calculate billing and
financial reports data and include new telecom service rates.
- Providing training on the new service for the company’s customer service
staff. This effort includes developing an online training manual, conducting
training for customer service staff, and updating an internal Website with a
Frequently Asked Questions section for new telecom service.
Your job is to assist in the development of each described
Your team is composed of three (3) Web-based developers, one (1) database
manager, one (1) network specialist, two (2) technical trainers, and one (1)
technical writer. They are devoted to operational management duties 30% of the
time. One of the Web-based developers has recently joined the team and has
minimal experience with configuring cloud-based systems.
The service product launch must be completed within six (6) months. Upper
management is available to supply the necessary funding required to complete
Section 1: Written Project Plan
Write a ten to twelve (10-12) page paper in which you:
- Select a project management framework / methodology that could be used to
develop this project and ensure that project objectives are met. Provide the
rationale for your selection.
- Evaluate the possibility of using agile project management for any
deliverables of the project.
- Develop a WBS that meets the project scope. Provide details at the activity
level for the efforts required to achieve each deliverable. Note: WBS must be in
indented format as shown in Figure 5.5B in Chapter 5 of the text.
- List all possible resources that would be required for completing this
project. Assign resources to each activity. Describe each resource’s role and
the level of experience each activity would require.
- Utilize estimation techniques to generate estimates of costs, resources, and
durations for each activity. Determine the constraints that must be observed and
the basis for each estimate.
- Determine the monitoring and control process that will be utilized for the
project. Include discussion on how you would perform earned value analysis to
provide details on project status. Determine the values that could be utilized
to calculate planned costs, actual costs, and earned value.
- Develop a quality management plan that will minimize defects for project
deliverables. Determine the frequency and metrics that will be utilized for
- Determine the techniques that could be used to enumerate the various risks
that may exist within the project. Recommend risk management practices that will
mitigate ongoing risks throughout the project.
- Use at least six (6) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia
and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 1 of your assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
- Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of
their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed
diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is
Section 2: Gantt Chart
Use Microsoft project to create a Gantt chart in which you:
- Record the data generated from the estimation process.
- Describe your assumptions and declare the dependencies for the logical
succession of each activity.
Use this template APA_Template_With_Advice_(6th_Ed) .doc