Final project (30 Marks):
Part 1 (50%):
You are to decide on an organization that you want to evaluate. It is important that you have some knowledge of the inner workings of the company-- its struggles, its strengths, its culture, and so forth -- or have access to the organization to conduct interviews to collect the needed information. You will produce a written report. The paper should include the following sections:
- Organization Background - Provide just enough details on the company for me to be able to understand the problem that will be described. Resist the urge to provide irrelevant details and feel free to omit or disguise any details that might be sensitive in nature. (1 page)
- Organizational Culture – Provide a brief description of the elements of the company’s culture in terms of artifacts, shared values, and shared assumptions. (1 page)
- Problem - Describe, specifically, number of problems that the company is struggling with that will serve as the focus of the paper. Resist the urge to discuss multiple problems (focus on one specific issue with which the organization is struggling). Be sure to focus on a problem that within the scope of this course. (1 page)
Part 2 (50%):
This part is builds on the previous one and it should include the following sections:
1. Theoretical Lens - Choose one topic from the list below, and apply that topic to the problem. Describe very specifically how the concepts, principles, and findings represented in the topic matter to the problem, and how they can be leveraged to articulate a solution.
- Design and Culture
- Reward System
- Work Motivation Model
- Model of Emotions, Attitudes, and Behavior
- Decision making procedure
2. Recommendation – Provide a list (at least three) of very specific recommendations/action steps that flow out of the discussion of the topic and that can help solve the problem. In thinking about how to craft the topic into those recommendations, strike a balance between being practical and being bold. Every organization has key constraints (culture, organizational stakeholders, and competitive environment) that need to be taken into account when designing interventions. Although those should be considered, resist the urge to “play it safe”, as that tendency often leads to modest interventions that are ultimately ineffective.
- All work must be written in proper academic language and it should be original.
- The project should include an introduction, context, conclusions and table of contents.
- The work should shows a deep understanding of the course concepts and how they applied in real world cases
- Cite all work properly
- Supporting Documentation & References should be included at the end of the report
- Submission date is 24-04-2020
- Submission on Moodle
- The required file format for the paper is a .doc or .docx file.
- No late submissions are accepted.