Unformatted Attachment Preview
Individual Assignment II
Della and Paul have had similar educational backgrounds,
share the same interests, and work in the same
organization. Della systematically exhibits an assertive
character that may be hostile and aggressive, while Paul is
a patient, calm, and relaxed individual who is also an
organized, methodological professional.
Analyze the personality traits of both Della and Paul.
Which personality trait has the largest impact on job
performance /organizational commitment? Do you think
different personality traits share same chances of success?
To answer the questions, you are expected to include below four
aspects in your analysis. Full score 40, 10 points for each.
1. Analyze which personality characteristics the adjectives of
Della and Paul reflect in the Big Five model.
2. Cite some examples similar as Della and Paul, and predict their
career success by their personality.
3. Relate Big Five model to other OB theories you have learned
to answer the question about “impact”.
4. Link the “nature vs. nurture” studies to your analysis of
chances of success.
A tip: answer two questions in the first paragraph briefly, and then
demonstrate the reasons / theories / cases that support your answer.
• Times New Roman
• Font size 12-point
• Double space, 1” Margin
• 2 pages (excluding reference, diagrams)
• Reference (e.g. MLA, APA)
• Submission link on Blackboard.
• Due: 11:59 PM, 4/17