Unformatted Attachment Preview
Mechatronics for Innovation
ALL PROBLEMS MUST BE SOLVED USING LOGIXPRO
1) For the next two figures:
3) Your goal for this problem is to run a SILO simulation which can operate
in 3 different modes. The mode selector switch, labeled A, B, and C, should
switch between these modes. In addition, the overall system should:
Should allow the use of the STOP button and the START button as
Should not require that you hold down either button for the function to
Should allow you to STOP the process at any time
Should allow 3 modes *(A, B, and C) to be selected:
Mode A (3pts) – Input I1:5 – When START is pressed, boxes just go
down the conveyor without stopping until the STOP button is pressed.
Mode B (12pts) – Input I1:6 – When the START button is pressed,
boxes proceed down the conveyor, stop under the silo, get filled by the
solenoid opening, filling is stopped when the level sensor is activated,
and then are released to continue once full.
Mode C (5 pts) – Input I1:7 – Just as above except only runs for one
cycle and then automatically comes to a stop once the box is full. Can
be restarted by pressing the START button. Also, Run, Fill, and Full
indicators (O:2/2, 3, and 4, respectively) should all function to indicate
Boxes should NOT overflow (look out for pink stuff on the floor)
Deliverables for this assignment:
1. Develop your ladder logic programs and write a short report explaining
how you achieved the goals for each problem with some of the
functional logic blocks you used.
2. Each of the elements in the program should be labeled underneath
with the common name of what the program element does. See figure
below, text with peach colored background. Basically, just right click
the element once it’s placed and select “Edit Symbol”. You should then
be able to give it an easy to recognize name. This will help you
tremendously when it comes to making the program work.
3. Upload the saved .RSL file to CANVAS to demonstrate the working
4. Include a small video clip of each problem working.
5. A pdf document with the short report (2-3 pages) explaining your
projects in detail.