What: The final project itself will consist of a short research report consisting of 3 pages (single spaced) or 5 pages (double spaced), excluding the cover page.
When: The deadline for the Final Project is Monday, April 20 (11:59PM).
How: You or your group may use any format (single-spacing or double-spacing; footnotes or end notes; etc.) as long as the format is used consistently, but the report must contain separate headings for each section and should be organized as follows:
1. Select a Business Firm (250 words min.)
First, if you could work for any company or business firm in the the world, tell me what business you would like to work for after you graduate from college. Explain why you would like to work for this company. For your reference, here is a list of Fortune 100 firms: https://fortune.com/fortune500/2019/search/ (Links to an external site.).
2. Litigation Risk (250 words min. )
- What is the most important lawsuit (past, present, or future) that could affect the future of this firm?
- Is the business firm the plaintiff or the defendant in this case?
- Is this case more likely to settle out of court or go to trial?
3. Intellectual Property (250 words min.)
- What is the firm’s single most-valuable piece of intellectual property? Specifically, is it a trade secret, a patent, a copyright, or a trademark?
- When did the firm acquire the legal rights to this intellectual property?
- How did the firm acquire the legal rights to this intellectual property?
4. Contracts (250 words min.)
- What is the firm’s most important contract or contractual relationship?
- Who is the other party to the contract, and when was the contract made?
- What problem is the contract designed to solve?
5. Pandemic (250 words min.)
- Legally speaking, how has the coronavirus pandemic affected the firm?
- How has the firm reacted to the pandemic?