1- Advise one or more suitable V belt(s) needed for power transmission assuming moderate shock load, and reliability of 99.5%. Estimate the life of belt(s) in hours.
2- Find the diameters of the required pulley that assure transmission at needed speed.
3- Determine the forces acting on all gears and show their directions on the shown assembly.
• All gears have normal modules of 5 mm and pressure angle of 20.
• Number of teeth are ZE = 40, ZF = 80, ZG = 60
• Helix angle for helical gear is 25
• Half cone angle =30
4- Based on forces of belt(s) and gears, calculate the reactions at A and B taking axial loads and concentrated moments into consideration. Draw the SFD and BMD; Hence, determine the suitable type(s) of bearings.
5- Select suitable bearing sizing for supports at A and B.
• Use an application factor of 1.2, assume a desired life of 10000 hours,
• Combined system reliability goal of 99%.
• The distribution data from manufacturer No. 2 is to be used.
• If needed, assume a starting Y2 factor = 1.63.
• No limit on number of iterations.
6- What are the minimum shaft diameters, widths and shoulder dimensions at A, B.
7- Using AGMA standard design method, calculate the minimum face width for gear at point E.
Assessment 2, ME414, Sem 402, version A , JUC Male Branch
➔ Work in a group of 2 students … Both will get the same mark. Groups of 3 students can obtain a maximum of 15 marks. ➔ Assume any missing data when necessary in order to improve your design results. Be reasonable and follow recommended values in your selection (e.g. factor of safety, manufacturing quality, ...).
➔ Comments that show “Economic Thinking” will be highly appreciated.
➔ You can use SKF bearing and belt catalog www.skf.com if the data available in your textbook is not sufficient.
➔ It is advised to solve all regular assignments before attempting to solve this comprehensive task.
➔ Start each design procedure on a new page.