Unformatted Attachment Preview
1) In what way, human factor engineering, safety engineering, and methods engineering are
2) What is a Method Time Measurement? Please specify and give example.
3) A time study was conducted on a job that contains four elements. The observed times and
performance ratings for six cycles are shown in the following table. Note that all units are in
*: Machine broke down.
Determine the average cycle time for each element.
Compute the normal time for each element
Assuming an allowance factor of 15% of job time, compute the standard time for this task.
Assuming an allowance of 15% of the work time, compute the standard time for this task
How many parts are expected to be produced in an 8-hour shift?
What would be the range of the number of parts that would be produced in an 8 hour shift
based on the normal time, assuming that the time that is required to complete each cycle is
independent based on 95% confidence level.
g) What would be the number of observations to be taken to have a 95% confidence level of 1%
error related based on the element 1 based on the observed time?
4) What is the difference between job description and job specification?
5) What is the difference between normal working area and maximum working area?
6) Standard time is always equal or greater than observed time T/F
7) What is a Gannt chart?
8) What is a cycle time?
9) What is a takt time?
10) Some Therbligs can be eliminated. Which are those ones? How you can eliminate them?
11) What is the difference between job rotation and job enlargement? Please specify and give
12) It was determined that 25% of the total inventory items in a company’s warehouse accounts for
75% of the value of the inventory. Please determine the
a. The parameter A in the Pareto cumulative distribution equation.
b. Given that the relationship is valid for the remaining inventory, how much of the
inventory value is accounted for by 50% of the items?
13) Time-watch studies are best suited for repetitive tasks with short cycle time T/F?
14) What is scientific management?
15) A hospital administrator wants an estimate of X-ray idle time that has a 99.5% percent confidence
of being within 6 percent. Previous analysis indicates that on the average X-ray machine is busy
40% of the time. What sample size should be used?
16) What is MPS? What is the role of MPS in the job design?