2-3 PAGES;ABSTRACT INCLUDED
To correctly identify opportunities and threats to their product, marketing managers need to understand the marketing environment in which their products operate.
Choose a product or service and determine how to make it available to the end user. Using your textbook and the articles from the databases in the AIU library, develop a distribution system for the product or service that you have chosen.
Week 3 Research
- Give an overview of the following distribution channels:
- Channel levels: Direct versus indirect distribution
- Channel organizations: Conventional, vertical, horizontal, and multichannel marketing systems
- Analyze your target market's needs, and explain what you know about your target market and what it wants from a channel of distribution.
- Determine which of the following channel members you will use, and explain why:
- Indirect: Retailer, wholesaler, dealer, manufacturer's rep, and so forth
- Direct: Catalog, telephone, sales force, and so forth
- Discuss how many channel members you will use (intensive distribution, exclusive distribution, or selective distribution), and explain why.
- Recommend a channel organization (conventional, vertical, horizontal, or multichannel marketing system), and explain why.