Week 2 - Discussion 1
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Health Information Exchange
The term "health information exchange" (HIE) refers to the electronic sharing of health-related information among organizations and the organization that provides services to enable the electronic sharing of health-related information. This discussion will be completed in three parts.
- Part 1: Identify two HIE’s in your state or a contiguous state and complete the following table:
[img title="HIE Table" alt="HIE Table" src="http://threadcontent.next.ecollege.com/pub/content/70d415b0-0ac3-422f-829e-dd15369b2eda/HIM410.png">
Guided response: Your initial post should be a minimum of 200-250 words.
- Part 2: Summarize two similarities and two differences between the two HIE’s you presented in Part1.
- Part 3: After reading your fellow classmates’ posts, evaluate the similarities (minimum of two) and differences (minimum of two) between your selected HIE and a fellow classmate’s HIE’s.
- Which HIE provides the best information for patients? Include at least two reasons to justify your selection.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources, excluding the textbook.
- Sources should be cited in APA format, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Your three required posts must be on three different days of the week.
- You must reply to at least two of your classmates by Day 7.