ournal:The Five Themes of Geography & The Persian Empire
Five Themes of Geography:
- Human-Environment Interaction
Let's apply the Five Themes of Geography to what we've learned about the Persian Empire.You will write a journal entry responding to ALL of the following prompts:
- In the introduction of this lesson, we learned about the Aryans.These people migrated from their homeland and settled in different parts of the world.Which of the Five Themes can you apply to this topic?Explain why you chose this theme.
- Review the map on page 12 of this lesson.When we look at maps, two themes are easy to consider.Which theme(s) come to mind?Explain why you chose this theme(s).
- We learned that when Cyrus II conquered Babylonia in 539 BCE he freed the captive Jews.This was an unusual characteristic for a leader who was conquering neighboring lands and set the standard for the actions of the people of Persia during the rule of Cyrus II.This human characteristic can be related to which theme?Explain why you chose this theme.
- We learned that King Darius built the great ceremonial city of Parsa, or Persepolis. Which of the Five Themes can you apply to this information?Explain why you chose this theme.
Organize your responses to each prompt into a journal entry and follow your teacher's instructions to submit this assignment.Use the journal rubric for reference.
Click hereto download the journal rubric.