I’m trying to learn for my English class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
In this assignment, you will revise the paragraph you initially submitted in M1: Assignment 3 to include a description of at least one obstacle to your success andhow you overcame it.
In your revision:
- Expand on the length of your paragraph by describing at least one obstacle to your success and how you overcame it. Your paragraph should now be 150–200 words long.
- Ensure that you do not have any run-on sentences or comma errors in your paragraph.
- Address comments from your instructor on your first draft.
You should refer to your readings and the MyFoundationsLab exercises in Modules 1–2 to ensure your essay contains only well-formed sentences.
(Optional) Improve Your Paragraph With On-Demand Tutoring!
An impartial reader can help you determine if you are clearly communicating your intended message. Before you turn in your revised paragraph, submit it to On-Demand Tutoring for feedback. You can review the feedback received and update your paragraph before submitting it to your instructor in M2: Assignment 3. This is optional, but can help you improve your assignment grade and your writing skills.
You will need to submit your draft to On-Demand Tutoring at least two days beforeyour assignment is due. This will allow enough time for you to receive feedback, make changes, and submit your new paragraph by the due date.
Follow these steps to contact the On-Demand Tutoring Writing Center:
- On the left-hand side of your course, click Academic Resources.
- Click Tutorial Services.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to submit your paragraph. Be sure to mention anything you want the tutor to look at specifically. For example, “Please check for run-on sentences and comma errors.”
Submit Your Revision
Submit your finished paragraph in a Word file, and name the file using the following convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A3.doc.
By Wednesday, February 11, 2015, submit your revised assignment to the M2: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria|
|Made relevant revisions to the paragraph based on instructor feedback.|
|Expanded the paragraph to include a description of an obstacle you overcame to achieve success.|
|Avoided fragments and run-on sentences.|
|Paragraph was at least 150 words long.|