Develop an 8-10 page marketing plan
for a sports enterprise (e.g. professional, school, or community program). You
can select a particular "real" enterprise or use a fictitious one.
You will take the position of the manager and develop a plan that you will
implement through your employees and/or contractors. You will make sure this
program is feasible when assessing it from a senior management
Focus of the Marketing Plan
The plan will address the following:
- Construct an overview of internal and external
contingencies, describing at least two internal and three external
contingencies and how they impact the sports marketing plan.
- Justify market selection decisions including the
psychological and sociological factors as influences. Include targeting
and positioning of the product(s).
- Generate a Sports Marketing Mix for your organization
to address the promotion mix of advertising, public relations, sales
promotion, and pricing.
- Create a plan for the marketing process. Within
that plan include a control phase and an implementation strategy.
Any unique issues should also be addressed in this section, including the
impact on facilities and any specific departments or segments of the
organization impacted by the plan.
Writing the Marketing Plan
The Marketing Plan:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and
formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Title of paper
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA
style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that
is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style