This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a proposal, and a storyboard. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. You are only to demonstrate the specific requirements requested.
Imagine you have been hired to create an e-Commerce Website for
Jestors Inc., an online retailer for magic supplies. Your goal is to
create the layout of the site with the customers’ requirements and to
present your idea for final approval.
Section 1: Website Design Proposal
- Write a one to two (1-2) page proposal in which you:
- Create a proposal that describes the site to the client.
- Describe the design of the key required elements including at a minimum:
- the company name.
- a Jestor’s logo. Note: Search the Internet for images that include magic supplies and a jester for the logo.
- the ability for customers to view products.
- an XHTML template that includes: Header, Footer, and Dynamic Content. Note: Submit
a screen shot or image file that shows your work. The graphically
depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- an area for customer feedback.
- Describe additional components and provide a rationale for why you are including them in the design of the Website.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length.
Section 2: Storyboard
2. Create a storyboard diagram depicting
the layout of the Website through the use of graphical tools in
Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: Draw each of the elements you plan on including in the final design. This will be used as a template for the final project.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the use, architecture, and function of PHP Scripts.
- Design interactive Websites and applications.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in PHP.
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced Web development topics
using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.