Future Research and Development in Software Engineering
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a research report and a
PowerPoint presentation. You must submit the two (2) sections as separate files
for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the
section of the assignment it is written for.
Section 1: Research Report
Imagine you are employed as a senior software engineer in a company that
designs and produces mobile software applications for health-care providers.
Your CIO has asked you to research trends in mobile software development so that
your organization is prepared for the next wave of software innovation. The
focus of your efforts will be on deciding whether to utilize the Android, iOS,
or Microsoft tablet development approach while keeping in mind that you need to
make a recommendation that will allow your company to launch its product to
customers in 90 days or less using an agile methodological approach. Your
research must consider all three (3) platforms with a recommended course of
action on one.
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you:
- Identify trends in mobile software development and explain why they are
relevant to the scenario described above.
- Explain how the different mobile platform will affect the different phases
of requirements, design, development, and deployment of the mobile software
- Make a recommendation on which mobile platform to use and justify the
- Describe the agile methodological approach that you would implement to bring
the product to the market in 90 days or less.
- Propose a testing plan to ensure that the developed product is both valid
- Use at least six (6) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia
and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 1 of this assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in MS Visio or Dia as an appendix of the
project plan. All references to these diagrams must be included in the body of
the project plan.