Assignment 4: Jestor’s Magic Website (Part 3)
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: Jestor’s Magic Website and technical documentation. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. You are only to demonstrate the specific requirements requested.
this point, your client has been pleased with your work, and has given
you the go-ahead to create the Website and attach it to the database you
created for its use. Upon completion of the project, your client would
like all of the documentation, including any changes that occurred from
the previous preplanning document.
Section 1: Jestor’s Magic Website
(.zip file containing the screen shot of the project, validation results, and PHP / MySQL Programming code files)
You must submit a .zip file containing the following files for the completion of Section 1 of this assignment.
- PHP / MySQL Programming code files
- Validation results
- One (1) screen shot of the designed site from your Web browser
- Use PHP / MySQL to create the Jestor’s Magic Website in which you:
- Create the Jestor’s Magic Website that includes the following requirement:
- A Web form for the customer feedback.
- Two (2) sponsor advertisements to the Website.
- The company’s logo and product images to the Website
- Connection of the Website to the database you created in Assignment 3.
- Provide PHP / MySQL Programming code files used to create each item of Number 1a of this assignment.
- Conform to strict Document Type Definition (DTD) standards and verify your design using W3C Markup Validation Services. Save the results and submit with the assignment.
- Submit one (1) screen shot of the designed site displayed in your Web browser.
Section 2: Technical Documentation
purpose of documentation is to show the clients how the system was
built. Project documentation is important, occurs often, and becomes a
permanent record for the client.
- Write an six to eight (6-8) page technical paper in which you:
a project overview as an introduction, which includes the revised
Website design proposal and the revised database design proposal.
- Create a technical documentation in which you:
the process of the database creation, and provide screen shots of all
of the tables based on the information needed to build your database
from Assignment 2. Note: If you use Window 7, use the built in SnipIt tool or capture a screen shot using the print screen button on the keyboard.
the tools used to build and the process of building the system for the
clients, including a final screen shot of the Website displayed in your
Web browser. Include a screen shot(s) of the following:
- the Web form for the customer feedback and a PHP script to process the form
- two (2) sponsor advertisements to the Website
- the company’s logo and product images to the Website
the storyboard diagram with any changes to the original layout of the
Website through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio,
or an open source alternative such as Dia.
Note: Screen shots may account for a maximum of four (4) pages.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page and the reference page are not included in the required page
charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams /
charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Define and design functions and control structures in PHP programs.
- Define variables, constants, and data types in a PHP environment.
- Construct and manipulate strings in PHP code.
- Develop Regular Expressions using PHP.
- Create fill-in forms and process form data using PHP scripting techniques.
- Identify and work with disparate file types in the creation of PHP scripts.
- Develop and manipulate arrays in Web forms.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in PHP.
clearly and concisely about advanced Web development topics using
proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions