Can I have this insurance policy changed?

timer Asked: Oct 20th, 2012

Question Description

My employer pays for my insurance. In the event of my death, my closest living relative is entitled to money. I have no spouse or children, so my parents will be receiving the money. I don't want them to get any money in the event of my death (long story, but if you knew my mother, you'd understand). Can I change it so that my grandma gets the money instead? Or if not, can I change it so that my parents don't get the money no matter what?
I'm an American working in China and my family is in the states.

This question has not been answered.

Create a free account to get help with this and any other question!

Brown University

1271 Tutors

California Institute of Technology

2131 Tutors

Carnegie Mellon University

982 Tutors

Columbia University

1256 Tutors

Dartmouth University

2113 Tutors

Emory University

2279 Tutors

Harvard University

599 Tutors

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

2319 Tutors

New York University

1645 Tutors

Notre Dam University

1911 Tutors

Oklahoma University

2122 Tutors

Pennsylvania State University

932 Tutors

Princeton University

1211 Tutors

Stanford University

983 Tutors

University of California

1282 Tutors

Oxford University

123 Tutors

Yale University

2325 Tutors