- For this assignment, you will:
- Read the passage (below) from your textbook.
- Think about the main ideas contained in the passage.
- Make a list of four (4) main ideas contained in the passage.
- In your own words, summarize the main ideas in paragraph form with a minimum of four (4)complete sentences.
- Do not quote directly from the passage.Textbook Passage:
In short, it is worth remembering that most of the theories and much of the research covered in this
book are based on observations in individualistic cultures. In fact, most of this work was conducted in
the United States, the country that was found in one study to be the most individualistic of 41 nations
examined (Suh, Diener, Oishi, & Triandis, 1998). This does not mean the research should be
dismissed. Rather, we should keep in mind that whether a particular description applies to people in
all cultures remains an open question. In some cases, such as the research on dream content
presented in Chapter 4 and the studies on marriage patterns presented in Chapter 10, investigators
find nearly identical results across very different cultural groups. In other cases, such as in the self-
esteem and achievement examples, they find important differences among cultures. Identifying the
cultural limitations or universality of various phenomena provides additional insight into the nature of
the concepts we study.
Summarize this paragraph in your own words and include the following reference citation for your textbook below your summary:
Burger, J. (2018). Theories of Personality (10th ed.). Cengage. Requirements:
- Incorporate all main ideas into your own words.
- Use appropriate APA placement and style for in-text citations and the reference.
- Complete your work in a Microsoft Word document.Be sure to read the criteria by which your work will be evaluated before you write and again after you write.