Evaluating a Quantitative Research Study
Examine the study- Harris, M. F., Chan, B. C., Laws, R. A., Williams, A. M., Davies, G. P., Jayasinghe, U. W., … Milat, A. (2013). The impact of a brief lifestyle intervention delivered by generalist community nurses (CN SNAP trial). BMC Public Health, 13(1). doi:10.1186/1471-2458-13-375
In this assessment, you will evaluate the study according to research design methods, procedures and study results, for example, see Evaluating a Quantitative Study (Houser, 2019, p. 345 & p. 377).
Chapter 6 (pp. 131-153), Chapter 7 (pp. 157-185), Chapter 8 (pp. 189-226) Chapter 12 (pp.323-350) & Chapter 13 (pp. 351-380) In Houser, J. (2018). Nursing research: Readings, using & creating evidence (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning
Astroth, K. S., & Chung, S. Y. (2018). Focusing on the fundamentals: Reading quantitative research with a critical eye. Nephrology Nursing Journal, 45(3), 283-287. Retrieved from http://americansentinel.idm.oclc.org/login?url=htt...
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
- 4 to 6-page paper. Include title and reference pages.
Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
- 8 to 10 slides. Add title and reference slides.
- Follow Rules of 7.
Other media (Prezi, etc.) presentation
- 8 to 10 slides with speaker notes. Add title and reference slides.
- Follow Rules of 7.
- 5 to 8-minute video presentation.
- Attach reference page or include in video.
- Professional appearance and background.
- Video submissions must include a script in Word format, submitted through Turnitin for an Originality Report.
- Table with appropriate columns and headers.
- Include title and reference pages.
Graphs or other illustrations
- Graphs or illustrations with appropriate labels. Include title and reference pages.
- Poster utilizing any applicable poster template. Include visual graphics/images/other formats for visual appeal. Include appropriate title and references