The topic: Strategies to fight the Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV2
1-Format: (1 page, excluding references)
I.Background: Describe SARS-CoV2 structure and virus molecules useful to invade host cells (1/4 page) (0.4 point).
II.Pathogenesis: Describe how SARS-CoV2 invades human cells, which are the routes of invasion and what is the mode of replication inside the cells. Pay attention to WHICH CELLS the virus invades and uses to replicate preferentially (1/2 page) (0.8 point).
III.Strategy to stop SARS-CoV2: Now that you know how and where SARS-CoV2 acts in your cells, take advantage of this knowledge and what you have learnt in class to design your own strategy to inhibit SARS-CoV2 infection and/or replication. You are strongly encouraged to develop your thoughts and ideas to fight the virus (1/4 page) (0.4 point).
2-References (0.4 point): Include at least THREE PEER-REVIEWED REFERENCES (the source of the information you used to write your report) in the following Format:
Stanchev S, Stamenov N, Kirkov V, Dzhambazova E, Nikolov D, Paloff A. 2020. Differential collagen expression in kidney and heart during hypertension. Nature
- You should write your name, student ID number and THE SECTION you belong to at the top of your report.
- You need to include the subtitles above (Background, Pathogenesis and Strategy to stop SARS-CoV2).
- It is encouraged to include 1 figure with legend, which helps to explain the mechanism of infection. The figure can be included in the second page along with the references.
- Your report (1 page) should be written using Arial Font (size: 11) with single space.
- References should be introduced in the text as numbers, and listed in full on a second page along with the figure as indicated above.
- Please make every effort to make the report your own. Any reports found to have more than 20% matching score will receive points deductions as described below.