I am interested in working with you. I need original work. Please let me know if this is something your interested in doing. Has the potential to result in repeated work.
Here is the assignment:
In order to really learn about interviewing, you must practice doing interviews. There is no substitute for direct experience in learning about interviewing. This assignment will be the first of several interviews you conduct during this course.
Find a volunteer to role-play a client. The purpose of this assignment is to introduce you to the experience of formulating questions and gathering information during a clinical interview. You are not expected to have mastered these skills in week 1 nor even by the end of this course. Clinical interviewing is a skill that requires a lot of practice and years of training.
Here, you will simply interview the volunteer who is role-playing a client that is having trouble at work. Be sure to develop a plan for the interview ahead of time. What is the purpose of your interview? How will you achieve that purpose?
Be sure to follow the ethical guidelines you have read about, including competence, confidentiality, and informed consent. The interview should be at least 10 minutes in length but no more than 20 minutes.
After you complete your interview, provide a thoughtful discussion of the following:
◦ How did you prepare for the interview? Be sure to list the questions used in your interview and provide a brief summary of the content of your interview.
◦ How long was the interview? How much effort was required to keep the interview to the required 10-20 minute timeframe?
◦ What things made the interview difficult or uncomfortable? Be as specific as possible. For example, were there things you or your client said or did during the interview that were uncomfortable?
◦ What factors made the interview welcoming and comfortable? Again be as specific as possible.
◦ Did you think you were effective in probing and obtaining information?
◦ As appropriate, cite the online content, and other credible, scholarly sources to substantiate the points you are making.
◦ Apply APA standards for writing and citations to your work
Assignment 3 Grading Criteria
Describe steps taken to prepare for the interview and submit the questions you will use in the interview.
Describe what factors made the interview difficult or uncomfortable and the factors that made the interview welcoming and comfortable.
State how effective you were in probing and obtaining information. Discuss what you would do differently if you had to do the interview over.
Justify ideas and responses by using appropriate examples and references from text, peer-reviewed research articles, appropriate professional field-related Web sites, and personal experience.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources, displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.