Week 4 Discussion
Complete Required Content listed in the content area & Read in Marquis & Huston:
Chapter 9 - Topic: Time management, Chapter 10- Topic: Fiscal Planning
1. The chapter on time management describes priority setting as a critical step in good time management. Give an example where you personally or have seen a leader fall into one of the time wasters described in the chapter-why did this behavior create time waste? What are some strategies you have developed to minimize wasted time and analyze how might you apply these?
Examples of time wasters in chapter 9
- Technology (internet, gaming, e-mail, and social media sites)
- Paperwork overload
- A poor filing system
2. The text states that fiscal planning should reflect the organizations philosophy, goals and objectives. What evidence of this have you discovered in your employment?
3. Briefly describe your experience or exposure to health care finances. Evaluate how this has this helped you in being more conscious of balancing cost and quality?
Chapter 11- Topic: Career Development
1. Develop a career map (10 or 20 -year plan, one page or less) and share with your group (create), see page 288, Exercise 11.11 in your text
See attached Career map
NB: Just information about myself to help with the career map. Am a Registered nurse now and working on my bachelor’s in nursing. In 10 to 20 years I wish to have a degree in leadership and Business Administration, so I can manage my own business in healthcare (Group Homes and Assisted Living facilities). Am married and have a daughter.
2. Analyze the benefits of a professional portfolio. (analysis) Appraise steps (if any) you have made towards building a portfolio (if you have not made any how might you do so)? (Evaluation)
3. Share tips that you have used to prepare yourself for an interview. Which were the most helpful and why. (analysis)
- Watched You tube videos
- Prepared a great resume
- Practice sample interview questions
- Ask people or coworkers who have had same interview
- Dress professional or cooperate