You have been asked to discuss the role of the financial accountants' and managerial accountants' functions in organizations and some of their job responsibilities at the new employees’ orientation. What are some of the differences between the two and the type of reports they may each use?
You have been asked to discuss financial and managerial accounting at the new employees' orientation. In 750 words, discuss the following topics:
- What are the differences between financial and managerial accounting?
- Describe the types of reporting used by financial and managerial accounting.
at least 2 source references, APA format
|Deliverable Length:||2 pages (not including title or references)|
You have been asked to prepare a presentation for the next board of directors meeting regarding managerial accounting. What is the purpose of managerial accounting? How do managerial accountants support strategic decisions? How do managers implement strategy?
You have been asked to prepare a presentation on managerial accounting for the next board of directors meeting for your company. Prepare a paper of 2 pages that discusses the following:
- What is the purpose of managerial accounting?
- How do managerial accountants support strategic decisions?
- Describe ways in which managers implement strategy.
- What are steps that managers can take to implement a strategy?
Your paper should be 2 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages. All sources must be cited using proper APA format.
|Deliverable Length:||4 paragraphs|
The issue of right and wrong has always been open to debate and scrutiny. In people's private lives, it is open to interpretation and is quite subjective. However, in the business world, there is not that individual definition of right and wrong, at least there should not be. Reflect back on your professional life and recall any time you can identify when, in your own opinion, your organization may have done something unethical. Please do not state or specify the name of the business, just the incident. Then, support your opinion with some research to substantiate your assertions.
write 4 paragraphs that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Search the library and the Internet for information pertaining to the ethical violation made by your organization, past or present, and be sure not to identify the organization. See if this incident has occurred in other organizations; give 2 examples and their outcomes.
- Can you think of any legitimate justification for the organization’s actions with 2 examples? Explain.
|Deliverable Length:||850 words|
You have worked at this organization for over 10 years and feel totally unappreciated. You have not received a promotion or pay raise in over 5 years, and you work long days and typically take work home with you to stay caught up. Your supervisor—who you despise because of the way he treats you and because he does not authorize any promotion or raise, whereas other departments do—climbs the staircase in front of your cubicle every day to get to his office. This particular supervisor has been with the organization for over 30 years and can essentially retire at any time, but he chooses to continue to work. You happen to notice that a portion of the staircase is rotting out and you are fearful of stepping on it yourself. You don’t particularly like your supervisor, so you don’t report it to your maintenance manager.
Last Monday, your supervisor fell down the flight of stairs and did substantial damage to his back, necessitating his retirement. You found out that you are being promoted to his position. Your promotion will provide you with a handsome pay increase and allow you to get your family to live in a nicer and safer neighborhood that is closer to work and has better schools. Have you violated any laws by your actions or inactions? Have you made any ethical violations? Explain.
- Do you believe you acted unethically by not reporting the rotting stairs? Why or why not?
- How would you handle the situation if you were the owner of the organization and found out that your
Do you feel your actions or inactions warrant any disciplinary action? Explain. As an individual, do you feel that the scenario described could be or should be defended with something like "I was owed this raise and promotion because of my ability and time with the organization"? Explain. employee failed to do anything or report the rotting stairs?
Compose your findings into a Word document (850), and be sure to cite your sources
|Deliverable Length:||400 words|
As the newly hired manager of the corporation strategic planning department, you plan to hold an initial meeting with your new team of strategic planners to make sure that they truly recognize the differences between routine planning and strategic planning. Discuss the following specific questions:
- In your own words, describe the difference between strategic and routine planning; give an example of each.
- What could happen to an organization that does not use strategic planning or uses poor strategic planning?
|Deliverable Length:||1200 words|
There are a number of well-known strategic planning models. To bring your team up to speed on the evolution of strategic planning itself, write a white paper of 1200 words, addressing the following specific models of strategic planning:
- Michael Porter’s 5 Forces
- Adrian Slywotzky’s Value Migration
- W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne’s Blue Ocean Strategy
Using the Web resources provided and any others you find, make sure to address the following specific questions in your white paper:
- The premise underlying each of the three models of strategic planning and the advantages each brings to the process
- How to apply or implement strategic planning using each of the 3 methods
- The pros and cons of each strategic planning method
make sure to use references as APA style and title pages in all of the assignment