I’m working on a Business question and need guidance to help me study.
You are the branch operations manager for a leading manufacturing
company. The following are the bill of materials (BOM), Master Production
Schedule, and Inventory Record Sheet for one of your products.
Product: Travel Coffee Cup
|Exterior cup form|
Master Production Schedule
|Travel Coffee Cup|
Inventory Record Sheet
Lead Time (in weeks)
|Exterior cup form|
Perform an analysis to determine the appropriate quantities of
materials to be ordered or made and the lead time phasing to:
- Ensure that appropriate quantities of materials
are ordered at the appropriate time.
- Ensure the availability of the materials on hand for production.
Create a report to present the results to your area head. Your
analysis should include the following:
- What quantity do you recommend? Why?
- How did you arrive at the appropriate quantity
of materials to be ordered or made?
- What measures do you suggest to ensure that
appropriate quantities are ordered at a particular time?
- How will your measures ensure the availability
of the materials on hand for production?
- How will you account for any wastage?
- If the demand for a product increases suddenly, how will you account for the
sudden need of materials?
Using the APA format, cite the sources you use on a separate
Save your document as
Submit it to the W3: Assignment 2 Dropbox by Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Sunday, February 10, 2013.
Analyzed the given documents to
estimate the appropriate quantities of materials to be ordered and the lead
phasing time and outlined the procedure used for analysis.
Recommended measures to
ensure that appropriate quantities of materials are ordered at a particular time
and explained how you would ensure the availability of the materials on hand for
Explained how waste and a sudden
increase in demand will be accounted for.
Presented a structured
document free of spelling and grammatical errors.
Properly cited the
sources using the APA format.