Students, please view the
"Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment" in the Student Center.
training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Deliverable 2: Business Requirements
Due Week 4 and worth 110
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a business
requirements document and a project plan. You must submit both sections as
separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name
according to the section of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you
may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion
of this assignment.
Procuring quality business requirements is an
important step toward the design of quality information systems. Completion of a
quality requirements document allows user needs and expectations to be captured,
so that infrastructure and information systems can be designed properly. Your
company, which is a data-collection and analysis company that has been operating
less than two (2) years, is seeking to create a repository for collected data
beyond standard relational databases. Your ten (10) terabyte data warehouse is
expected to grow by 20% each year. You are mindful of data warehousing best
practices which will aid you immensely in your requirements gathering effort.
Using the requirements document provided in the course shell, you are to
speculate on the needs of the company. You must consider current and future
requirements; however, assumptions should be realistic and carefully considered.
Section 1: Business Requirements Document
- Write a four to six (4-6) page original business requirements document for
the project plan using the template provided. Note: The template is provided
under the Additional Resources in the Student Center tab of the online course
- Describe the project including the following:
- Describe and define the scope of the project.
- Speculate as to how to control the scope.
- Identify possible risks, constraints, and assumptions.
- Describe the relationship and integration between systems and
infrastructure. Note: Database and Data Warehousing, Analytics, Interfaces and
Cloud Technology, and Infrastructure and Security should be considered.
- Speculate upon potential outsourcing or offshoring needs.
- Identify and justify the necessary resources including staffing that are
- Define relevant terms that will be used throughout project.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia
and similar Websites do not qualify as quality
Your assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
Section 2: Revised Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project
- Update the project plan from Project Deliverable 1: Project Plan Inception,
with three to five (3-5) new project tasks each consisting of five to ten (5-10)