Project Deliverable 2: Business Requirements
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a business requirements
document and a Gantt chart or project plan. You must submit both
sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label
each file name according to the section of the assignment for which it
is written. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary
assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Procuring quality business requirements is an important step toward
the design of quality information systems. Completion of a quality
requirements document allows user needs and expectations to be captured
so that infrastructure and information systems can be designed properly.
Using the requirements document provided in the course shell, you are
to speculate on the needs of the company. You must consider current and
future requirements; however, assumptions should be realistic and
Section 1: Business Requirements Document
1. Write an eight to ten (8-10) page original business requirements document for the project plan using the template provided. Note: The template can be found in the Student Center of the online course shell.
a. Describe the project including the following:
i. Describe the scope and analyze how to control the scope.
ii. Identify possible risks, constraints, and assumptions.
iii. Describe the integration with other systems and infrastructure. Note: Database and interface design, security, and networking should be considered.
iv. Define relevant terms that will be used throughout project.
b. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length.
Section 2: Revised Gantt Chart / Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project or an open source alternative, such as Open Project, to:
2. Update the Gantt chart or project plan
(summary and detail) template, from Project Deliverable 1: Project Plan
Inception, with all the project tasks.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply integrative information technology solutions with project management tools to solve business problems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic issues and practices in
the information technology domain using proper writing mechanics and
technical style conventions.