Assignment 2: Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPGs)
a virtual world (VW) of massively multiplayer online role-playing games
(MMORPGs), collaboration and communication are provided through the
Internet between MMORPG-ready devices such as the Microsoft Xbox, and
Sony PlayStation, and by using the Web browser. Gamers can play against
other gamers without seeing the opponent face-to-face. Playing games
this way has become a social phenomenon. For example, chess players can
play against other chess players anywhere in the world at http://gameknot.com/ using a Web browser.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
cognitive social phenomena that occur specifically to the context of
the MMORPG that wouldn’t happen in a face-to-face chess game.
and contrast the MMORPG interaction environment and a face-to-face
environment where chess is being played on a real chessboard. Identify
if the environment has an impact on the player’ s ability to play
- List and describe the user interface guidelines that should apply to designing MMORPGs.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Construct evaluation techniques to the user experience and system usability in the design process.
- Describe the differences in developing user interfaces for different application environments.
- Compare and contrast the various cognitive models.
- List the general principles used in the heuristic evaluation of a user interface design.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human-computer interaction.
clearly and concisely about human-computer interaction topics using
proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.