Date submitted: May 11, 2014
Weekly Pay Calculator
The Weekly Pay Calculator Windows application computes the weekly pay for an hourly employee.
From a window on the screen, a payroll clerk enters the total minutes an
employee worked in a week and the hourly pay rate. The program displays
the weekly pay for the employee
Algorithms, Processing, and Conditions:
1. The payroll clerk must be able to enter the total minutes worked during the week and Processing, and the hourly pay rate.
2. The company name (Western Distribution) and the picture (Payroll found at scsite.com/vb2010/ch4/images) will be displayed throughout the entire process.
3. After entering the total minutes worked and hourly pay rate, the payroll clerk clicks the weekly pay button.
4. The weekly pay is displayed in currency format together with the number of hours and minutes worked.
Notes and Restrictions:
1. The user can clear the total minutes worked, the hourly pay rate, the hours and
minutes worked, and the weekly pay by clicking a clear button. He then can enter another
2. An exit button should close the application.
3. In this application, if hours worked is greater than 40, the hourly pay rate still applies.