Express your understanding of the impulse-momentum change theorem by answering the following question.
1. A 35-kg cart (#1) is pulled with a 199-N force for 11 second; another 75 kg cart (#2) is pulled with a 19 N-force for 15 seconds. Which cart (#1 or #2) has the greatest acceleration? Explain.
2.Which cart (#1 or #2) has the greatest impulse? Explain.
3. Which cart (#1 or #2) has the greatest change in momentum? Explain.
4. Sam, who has a mass of 79.0 kg, is riding at 123.0 m/s in her sports car when Sam must suddenly slam on the brakes to avoid hitting a dog crossing the road. She strikes the air bag, which brings her body to a stop in 0.100 s. What average force does the seat belt exert on her?
5. A hockey player applies an average force of 240.0 N to a 0.55 kg hockey puck for a time of 0.008 seconds. Determine the impulse experienced by the hockey puck.
6. Would it be a good idea to jump from a rowboat to a dock that seems within jumping distance? Explain (At least two sentences)
7. Momentum is the product of ______ and velocity.
8.What has more momentum, a 2,000 kg car traveling at 50 km/hr or a 2,500 kg car traveling at 40 km/hr?