Assignment 4: "Informative Report – Draft"
Choose a familiar household
appliance (e.g., vacuum, toaster, hair dryer).
Write a one to two (1-2)
page mechanism description (written in your own words) telling an audience of
fifth graders in a science class how the appliance works. The document must
b. At least one graphic
c. A logical spatial order
document, you should:
- Ensure the document is clear and brief.
- Exercise logic in your design, including placement of headers and
- Use appropriate language for the audience and purpose.
- Follow the steps identified in the textbook.
- Cite source(s), including any graphics.
Your assignment must
follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format.
Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this
- Explain ideas in proper format using accurate details and relevant
- Design effective graphics for visual presentations.
- Use syntax, tone, and word choice appropriate to technical
- Prepare reports, project requirements, and other various technical writing
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in technical
- Write clearly and concisely about technical writing using proper writing
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer
quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using
the following rubric.
Please click here
to view the grading rubric.